Goin’ with the Flow & the Snow

I returned home last night from an fantastic week in Montana, floating both The Smith and The Missouri. Despite a mid-June snowstorm and incredibly fast moving rivers, our group caught fish and laughed so hard we hurt ourselves. I’m still wrestling with reality so I will have to panel back later with a more detailed report. In the meantime…

P6100011

P6100013

P6100029

P6110045

P6120054

P6120062 cls

P6120065

P6140076

P6140104

P6150127

P6150151

Comments
16 Responses to “Goin’ with the Flow & the Snow”

Welcome back – you were missed. Looks like a good time was had. I hope you brought some of that cool weather back, too. It’s been hot and dry here lately.

2. El Pescador says:

Montana is special. Glad to see you and others using some “gooch” gear. Thank you. All the best.

3. Itchy Dog says:

Welcome back, FFC. As you found out, summer is hesitant to show itself up in the NW. All our rivers are running way high here in WA, too, with weather well below par for this time of year- folks are referring to this month as Junuary.

Say, in the 4th photo you’re posing with a gentleman in a red shirt with a skiff behind you. Looks like one of the RO skiffs, which I have my eye on. Did you fish from that boat, and if so how’d you like it?

Glad you caught some fish and more importantly shared some laughs. That’s what it’s really all about. I’m itchin’ to hear more about the trip.

Wooo hooo…FFC is home!! Hope you had a great time! You are looking mighty good in that Patagonia Sunshade shirt! How do you like it?? Can’t wait to hear more about the trip!

5. Pete says:

Are these pics out of order? Looks like the one of everyone crashed out on the bank should come after the campfire and honkey tonk.

6. Brett Romer says:

Glad to hear you had a good trip. We’ve got a group of six to nine anglers headed out sometime in September to fish the Yellowstone for 5 days and fish the Big Horn for three! Let me know if you ever get around East Tennessee and wanna float! I’m always up for a trip to the river!

~Brett

7. High water, huh? Not here in Northern California. We’re all about mid-summer flows already.

Post photos of the local Montana beers!

8. Bob/Austin says:

Looks like fun!
    Wish you would have brought some of that snow back with ya.

9. So, how was your experience with the “groover?”

10. birddogdoc says:

Very cool website! I will be visiting it often!
    Tight lines…..

Shawn

11. Brandon says:

Hey there FFC

Nice pictures. Rivers have been crazy in Idaho, Montana and around Jackson Hole. We had good fishing on the Henry’s Fork though, plenty of rising fish and even landed a few as a bonus.

Nice report and pics.

Hope you got the hat I sent you.

Brandon

12. the fishin' doc says:

Really enjoyed your writing. Both fish and you great looking. Thanks

13. There is nothing better than food fun and friends. i can see why you are wrestling with reality after returning from your trip. I would be as well As always the pictures are great. They really help tell the story.

14. There are times when i wish i could truly get away from it all. These pictures really bring that sentiment home for me. Unfortunately it will be a while.

15. wwe video says:

16. Rick Fleming says:

I have been on the Smith three times, but not since about 1995. I can’t remember much about the latrines except that there were one or two that were just white stools sitting out in full view of whomever happened to be around. Can you fill me in on the present situation?
    Thanx.