Stockholm Syndrome in The 406

Summertime has taken me hostage and I will admit that I am showing signs of loyalty to my captor. I am so so so sorry for the continued silence. Mea culpa. But Summertime is keeping me out here in Montana and makes it awfully difficult to find access to the Internet or decent cell service. Not to mention, I’ve been forced to spend unspeakable amounts of time floating down rivers and fishing until dark night after night.

Little Chick is back from summer camp so the program will change over the coming weeks. Now I am the camp counselor in Montana — working for the Kidnapper, so to speak. Horseback riding, fun floats, roadtrips…I won’t be fishing round the clock but Summertime still has a vicegrip on me to be sure.

But not to worry darlings! Once we settle into the deeper part of August, Back-To-School will pay my ransom and Summertime will be forced to let me go. I will return to highspeed computers with stories and pictures. Your wish is my command. If FFC swag is required for your forgiveness, it will be done. Cupcakes…if I can find a way to ship them out, they’re yours. Until then I have no choice but to be a good little hostage while in captivity, suffering the great outdoors and lack of technology with a smile on my face. Call me crazy, but it feels an awful lot like Freedom.

Comments
24 Responses to “Stockholm Syndrome in The 406”
  1. Wook says:

So we’re gonna get macramé cupcakes?

Are they at least giving you some Lone Star up there? Glad to hear (and see) that you’re having a great summer.

3. Damn. And here the Underground was about to retrace it steps to the “Lotta Sky” state, mounting a serious Search and Rescue Effort at the places you’d most likely be, including (but not limited to):

the Missouri, Bighole, Bitterroot, Beaverhead, the park, and definitely all the cool little streams I mentioned in my Montana reports.

If we didn’t find you, well by god we’d just keep looking (and if we did find you, it’s possible we’d ignore you and keep looking anyway).

No need to thank us. Selfless acts of fly fishing are what we’re all about.

4. Labrat says:

Uhhh, waiter, I’ll have what she’s having….

5. Wook says:

Summer camp rules. Maybe we’ll get some cool popsicle stick driftboat sculptures with “SS FFC” written on them with a glitter pen.

6. That smile on your face sure doesn’t look like a grimace of pain; but I am pretty sure the Geneva Convention allows for prisoner exchanges. Get me your lat. and long. and I will sacrifice myself to share your misery.

And I am pleased to see those many days of wilderness submission haven’t dulled your ability to create a wonderful turn of a phrase (or how I would probably write it – “you write good”).

7. IdahoCaddis says:

Embrace your captor & hold on tight. Enjoy as many of those sunsets as you possibly can. Cheers!

8. grendemor says:

Well, it’s nice to hear someone is having fun, while I slave away in the Texas heat!

Really though, it’s great to see you having such a grand time at the trouts expence…

Well bless your heart! Our own little Patty Hearst! Stay strong!!

Love the picture! Glad you are having fun!

10. Launcher says:

Aaahhh, Freedom and Forgiveness.

11. Hooper says:

Be strong…be very strong.

Since you are having so much fun I guess forgiveness is in order. We’re just jealous that we can’t be there also.

No free swag or cupcakes required here-just cool stories and pics will do just fine.

13. Wook says:

Steady now, we’ve got to maintain at least the illusion of unruly impatience or she might never come back.

14. Rick from Team Hot Shorts says:

Glad to have you back on the radar. I need those feeds and pics…obviously not doing as much fishing as I would like. keep it up and tell Little Chick hi.

15. Joe says:

So, FFC, if someone wanted to send you a note, how would they do that?

Wook-good point. Problem is, whenever I go out there I don’t want to come home either!

17. WT says:

My captor insists that I build a fence and re-roof the garage. I am not sympathetic to her cause but I see no choice.
    Fortunately Lola, the 10 month old guard brings me water, grool and smiles.

WT

18. Brett says:

My deepest condolences on your situation – hang in there and be strong!

19. CJ-
    So glad you’re livin large in big sky country! Hope you’ve been able to meet my ex!

We’re down here in the A-Town workin away on our new website and I want to be sure you have our new URL since we still have Fly Fish Chick on our faves list:

Catch you in the fall!

KK

20. it looks as if you had a beautiful time. The picture is definitely very nice. But, unfortunately, summer must come to an end.

21. Jim says:

Montana sounds like such a wonderful place. I have had quite a few people tell me about how nice Montana is and it sounds like my kind of state. Rural, unspoiled and beautiful. I live in Massachusetts which also has it’s very nice parts too. But after reading this post it brings vivid images of Montana to mind. I gotta check it out someday. The winters must be horrible though.

22. Freedom…hmmmm..seems to me i read about that somewhere, once. Isn’t that what is all about? Not just pursuing freedom but living it as well. Good luck with the end of Summer. I am sure you will get through it just fine

23. MMM….That kind of captor is not so bad? :D
    I really like summer to, and whenever i can i runnaway from large dirty city to great wilderness, what is better than that?? hm…nothing

24. right on! couldn’t agree more