Forward My Calls to the Hen House

Don’t fret if things are a little quiet in here over the next few days. I am running away — but not for long, I promise. I’m headed to Montana for a GIRLS fishing trip, and I am so excited! Eight chicks fishing and hanging out for an entire week….I am quite literally, tickled pink.

My bags are packed and I’ve got my special ladies’ fishing gloves in my carry-on. Wouldn’t want to lose these babies:

pink fishing glove

I know. Words escape me too. I’d sooner show up on the river in over-the-elbow white kid opera gloves, a tiara & a ballgown than I would ever don those pink plastic things.

At any rate….while I’m away in MT huddled up in the hen house, I thought you might enjoy some good chick music. So I’ve pulled together a sampling of my favorite lady crooners to keep you company while I’m gone. Hope everyone has a good week and I will catch you on the flipside.

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones
Comments
11 Responses to “Forward My Calls to the Hen House”
  1. Jerry Minder says:

thanks for the tunz ffc
    i can’t help but think———————-oh sorry—– i wuz think’n——-why did you put the slow tunz on?? — fav is emmylou……….you left us with a wonderfulist insite into y’r stuff

2. Thaks Jerry! I don’t know why I did so many slow tunes. Probably because I was packing and winding down after a long day. I was feeling tired and ready to relax so they sounded good to me. I just watched the movie “Cadillac Records” for the 2nd time so I’ve been spinning Etta James a lot lately. Which conjures up Ella & Milman & such…

Hope everyone’s not asleep when I get back! Enjoy the tunes…

3. Turnip Truck Driver says:

Great Playlist…………..

As a old rooster, secure in his own cape, permit me to suggest a few additions to the Hen House.

Emmylou’s- Queen of the Silver Dollar and ‘Til I Gain Control Again

Ronstadt’s – Lowell George’s/Little Feat version of Willin’

Joplin’s – Bobby McGee

Added a few up-tempo tunes for when you throw the cork away.

4. love it. ‘Til I Gain Control Again’ is a favorite. Love Janis. Since girls covering Kristoferson is a theme, we should add Lynne Anderson’s version of ‘Help Me Make It Through The Nite’…although it doesn’t help the tempo.

While I am jealous as hell that you are headed off to Montana and I am stuck here in Ohio I do like your play list-especially all the Etta James-love her work, especially her “Blues to the Bone” album.

Have fun fishin!

6. scott kelley says:

no Susan Tedeschi . . .no Salt n Pepa?

Is the Fly Fish Chick and her entourage going to grace Banditos with their presence or will the professor be too jealous?

7. Mark Haller says:

Are you planning to fish out of Bozeman?

8. hector200 says:

Great Blog congrats.

saludos desde Mexico

9. Akbash says:

I found your side by error but i have to read the article and you look really fine after the trip, i hope all was finde…. meany gretings from Costa Rica !!!

10. Monty Montana says:

Ah… if there truly is a God…one day I will get to be a fly on the wall of this gathering, that would be a lot of fun.
    Have fun CHICK and be safe and hurry home (at least to the computer).

11. Papa says:

Oh c’mon FFC – The gloves would so match the pink rod and the hair on your Facey Space.